We are hiring a Commercial & Risk Analyst
Title: Commercial & Risk Analyst
Reports to: Commercial Director
Greenergy is a multi-national fuel, service station and renewables supply company. Its core business in Ireland is the importation, distribution and sale of fuel and convenience products in Ireland. These products are sold to a wide range of customer channels, including industrial, commercial, agricultural, domestic, wholesale and forecourt retail. Greenergy acquired Inver Energy in 2017 and recently acquired Amber Petroleum. The company has a network of over 100 branded forecourts operating under the Inver and Amber brands.
Greenergy Ireland sells and delivers energy products to a wide variety of market segments and customer types in the Republic of Ireland. This is an essential part of our core business and is a critical face of our company. This critical function, in many cases, forms the public image of the company and as such has a responsibility to reflect our values of Respect, Care, Ownership and Integrity.
Reporting to the Inver Commercial Director, the Commercial and Risk Analyst’s main function is to calculate, record, monitor and report the appropriate valuation of Inver Energy positions for oil inventory and sales. This will include providing daily risk and performance information to the management team, including sound analysis and commentary on positions, risk measures and performance movements. The Commercial and Risk Analyst also advises the Risk team of the trades required to hedge positions and develops and analyses hedging strategies to continually reduce Inver’s hedging costs. The Commercial and Risk Analyst works as part of a multi-functional team including personnel from commercial, risk, supply and finance teams to perform both risk and commercial analysis tasks, along with business strategy analysis. The role also involves working with Finance in the preparation of management accounts, along with forecasting, nominations, operation assumptions etc.
The key roles and responsibilities involved in this role include :
- Prepare and manage the daily hedging diary
- Advise the trades required to hedge Inver’s oil inventory and sales positions
- Record and track all risk management and paper transactions for oil and currency
- Prepare, Update and Disseminate Daily Risk Management MTM Position Reports
- Allocate and Record Internal Allocation of paper and currency hedges
- Allocate and Record Sales against Inventory
- Check and Document forward curves used for position valuation against available market data from Information Services, Journals, and broker reports.
- Provide analysis of risk measures, checks against authorized limits, stress test positions as appropriate, and validate P&L and trading strategies for Supply, Marketing, Finance and Senior Management.
- Communicate on a timely basis
- Monitor and improve risk system interfaces and information flow
- Assist in evaluation of varied projects across the business
- Perform commercial analysis as required by the Commercial Director. This may include market, pricing, and tender analysis.
- Analyse and understand pricing and sales margin calculations
- Assist in analysis and optimisation of Inver’s haulage requirements
- Analyse pricing and forecasts of Inver’s RED II and FQD obligations under the Irish Biofuel Obligation Scheme
All applications to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org