We are hiring a Financial Controller!
Title: Financial Controller
Reports to: Head of Finance
Location: Cork City (Primary) Fermoy (Secondary)
Commitment to innovation and a drive to do things differently have seen Greenergy grow from a bedroom start-up to become a world leader in waste-based renewables, and a leading fuel supplier. We endeavor to approach the status quo of an established industry with fresh eyes, and empower our people develop and to deliver change through innovation. Our values underpin every interaction we have, whether with colleagues, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we operate. It is these values of Respect, Ownership, Care and Integrity that have delivered our growth as a business and developed strong customer relationships.
Greenergy’s core business in Ireland is the importation, distribution and sale of fuel and convenience products. These products are sold to a wide range of customer channels, including industrial, commercial, agricultural, domestic, wholesale and forecourt retail. Greenergy acquired Inver Energy in 2017 and recently acquired Amber Petroleum. The company has a network of over 100 branded forecourts operating under the Inver and Amber brands and currently operates 20 convenience stores under both a company-owned company-operated model and a company-owned dealer-operated model.
Reporting directly to the Head of Finance. You will be a key member of the Finance Leadership Team responsible for the leadership of the financial control team, month-end and quarter end close, statutory accounting, Tax returns, regulatory reporting, MTM Accounting, AP/AR, Payroll, Treasury and facilitating the effective migration of the Amber Finance team into the overall Greenergy Ireland Finance team
The key roles and responsibilities involved in this role include
- Lead the financial control & operations teams to be best in class
- Ensure that Financial Reporting is of the highest quality
- Manage all stakeholders across the business to effectively communicate key deadlines and projects
- Lead the preparation of monthly, quarterly & annual Management Accounts.
- Support the budget & forecasting process
- Statutory Accounts for 5 separate legal entities and liaising with auditors and board to ensure completion.
- Accountable for all tax & regulatory returns
- Understand the end to end accounting process
- Balance Sheet management
- Manage three separate payrolls on a monthly basis
- Focus on process & system improvement
- Support the integration of the Amber Finance Team into the Greenergy Ireland Finance team
- Other ad hoc duties as & when required.
All applications to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org